ResumeYou can view my full resume below and download the PDF.
Prefer to see the full resume? View the embedded PDF.
User Experience Manager
RightScale Inc./Flexera (post-acquisition)
February 2013 - Present
- Led the design of products ranked top in the the 2019 Gartner Cloud Management and 2018 Forester Wave Hybrid Cloud Magic Quadrants.
- Hired, mentored, and managed a team of designers and researchers.
- Worked with product and engineering management to implement Lean practices; organizing cross-functional teams to develop new products.
- Managed web analytics and reporting across the product portfolio.
- Oversaw the creation of the RightScale Design System by the UX team.
- Created designs, conducted user research, and wrote front-end code.
Senior Interaction Designer
April 2010 - February 2013
- As the first and only UX designer at the company, established UX processes and evangelized user-centered design.
- Developed wireframes, personas, flowcharts, sitemaps, & prototypes.
- Oversaw interaction design for RightScale’s SaaS and mobile apps.
- Organized a customer advisory group & conducted usability studies.
Enlighten (acquired by Perficient)
May 2008 - April 2010
- Created wireframes, specifications, web prototypes, and user flows.
- Conducted strategic research and performed usability testing.
- Led the effort to update internal UX software tools and processes.
- Clients included Hunter Douglas & Richmond American Homes.
University Library Associate
University of Michigan Graduate Library
August 2006 - May 2008
- Taught faculty and student workshops on a variety of software tools.
- Conducted usability studies with the Library Usability Working Group.
- Competitive position included a full tuition and a living stipend.
Epic System Corporation
July 2005 - August 2006
- UI and back-end coding for the Beacon Oncology software product.
- Conducted onsite usability research.
M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction
University of Michigan School of Information August 2006 - May 2008
- Received the top School academic prize, the Margaret Mann Award
- Second place at the ACM-SIGCHI Student Design Competition
B.S. in Computer Science, B.A. in English
August 2001 - May 2005
- Computer Science & Literature Senior prizes.
- National Merit Finalist Scholarship.
Organizer for the Santa Barbara UX Meetup
2012 - 2015
- Speaker for Web Analytics & User Experience & A UX team of One.
- Organized speaking events & coordinated a bi-weekly UX book club.
User Experience Management
- Agile sprint planning
- Contextual interviews & usability testing
- Design system creation & maintenance
- Employee reviews & mentorship
- Flowcharts & sitemaps
- Hiring management
- Personas, storyboards, & journey maps
- Web analytics & KPIs
- Wireframes & prototypes
- Working remotely
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Axure RP
- Confluence & Jira administration
- Google & Heap Analytics
- Heap Analytics
- Microsoft Office & Google Docs
- Sketch & InVision
- Jekyll & AngularJS