ResumeYou can view my full resume below and download the PDF.
Prefer to see the full resume? View the embedded PDF.
Product Design Lead
Very Good Security
July 2020 - Present
- Organized, hired, and mentored a cross-departmental design team.
- Implemented web analytics and architected a new design system.
- Designed a new onboarding experience which increased initial conversion by over 20%.
User Experience Manager
September 2018 - July 2020
- Designed a cloud onboarding flow that reduced sales prospect time to value and contract closing time by more than a month.
- Implemented web analytics across the full Flexera product suite, driving a company-wide effort to improve success metrics.
February 2013 - September 2018
- Led the design of products ranked top in the the 2019 Gartner Cloud Management and 2018 Forester Wave Hybrid Cloud Magic Quadrants.
- Implemented Lean practices with product and engineering management; organized cross-functional teams to develop new products.
- Hired, mentored, and managed a team of six designers and researchers.
- Oversaw the creation of the RightScale Design System by the UX team.
- Hired as an interaction designer, promoted in 2011 and 2013.
Enlighten (acquired by Perficient)
May 2008 - April 2010
- Created wireframes, specifications, web prototypes, and user flows.
- Conducted strategic research and performed usability testing.
- Clients included Hunter Douglas & Richmond American Homes.
University Library Associate
University of Michigan Graduate Library
August 2006 - May 2008
- Taught faculty and student workshops on a variety of software tools.
- Conducted usability studies with the Library Usability Working Group.
Epic System Corporation
July 2005 - August 2006
- Wrote UI and back-end code for the Oncology software product.
- Conducted onsite usability research in hospital settings.
M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction
University of Michigan School of Information August 2006 - May 2008
- Received the top School academic prize, the Margaret Mann Award
- Second place at the ACM-SIGCHI Student Design Competition
B.S. in Computer Science, B.A. in English
August 2001 - May 2005
- Computer Science & Literature Senior prizes.
- National Merit Finalist Scholarship.
User Experience Management
- Agile sprint planning
- Contextual interviews & usability testing
- Design system creation & maintenance
- Employee reviews & mentorship
- Flowcharts & sitemaps
- Hiring management
- Personas, storyboards, & journey maps
- Web analytics & KPIs
- Wireframes & prototypes
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Axure RP
- Google & Heap Analytics
- Microsoft Office & Google Docs
- Sketch & InVision